Where should I begin...

There's certainly a lot to say!

My name is Hazel (you probably gathered that), and I'm 19 years old (you probably didn't gather that). Writing to you from the mostly sunny Weymouth, and from the slightly less sunny Winchester. I'm not knocking Winchester one bit, it's just that Weymouth has a beach, and that pretty much guarantees a win 90% of the time. Weymouth is my home, and I love it. Sun, sea, sand, there's a lot to love about being here. 

(Here I am, trying to taking a selfie with a Giraffe...as you do)

I'm a student/waitress/writer. I'm currently doing American Studies at Winchester University, I've literally just completed my first year there. What is American Studies I hear you cry? I usually explain this to people as a hybrid of literature, media, history and geography, all wrapped up in a neat little American package. And why did I pick it, I also hear you cry? Because I wanted to basically. I had no idea what I wanted to do when I finished my A Levels, and I was definitely not ready to throw myself into the working world doing God knows what. So I decided to bide myself some time, and try to suss my life out while I was at uni. I decided if I was going to commit so much time and money, I might as well study something I enjoy, and I've always had a weird obsession with the USA. So strange obsession satisfied, I've been there for a year now and I absolutely love it. I've met some wonderful people, and I've enjoyed nearly every minute of being there. (Nearly being the optimum word, there are a few downsides, but I'll dedicate a post to that one day.)

(A selection of the weird and wonderful people I call my friends at Uni ♥)


I also waitress in a cute little cafe back home here in Weymouth. I've been there for about 3 years now, and working there is an absolute joy. My bosses are wonderful people, as are the other people there. I never dread going to work, and I never mind picking up extra shifts; not for the money, but out of the pure love of doing it. I do a bit of contracted blog work on the side as well, which sparked this whole new venture. I got asked if I had a personal blog, and I realised it was a bit stupid not having one. 

So here I am!

Expect a whole world of crazy, lots of rambling, musical loves and plenty of adventures!

Much love ♥

No comments