June addictions...

I don't know about you, but I seem to go through phases of being really into something, then suddenly, it's like a switch has been turned off and I'm not interested anymore. At all. It's terrible, I will binge watch a programme, or play a song to death, then suddenly I just can't watch or listen to ever again. I know I can't be the only one who does this, I ruin perfectly good songs and films for the rest of my life. Previous victims of my addictions has been all 10 seasons of Friends, Disclosure's album, Settle, and Royals by Lorde.

I thought I'd share my current addictions with you, what I'm loving now, but will probably actively avoid for the rest of my life come July...

"Fancy" by Iggy Azelea & Charlie XCX - "...you already know!" I added this song to a Spotify playlist while I was doing some writing a few weeks ago, and everything was fine, that it until I realised I'd somehow managed to pick up all the lyrics. Every. Last. Lyric. I physically cannot listen to this song without 'attempting' to rap along to it, and trust me it is hard! Iggy Azalea slays being an empowering woman in a man's world, rapping as fierce as greats such as Eminem. By the end of the summer will I still be blaring this chune? Of course not. The sound of it will probably make me want to run a mile. 


RuPaul's Drag Race - I'm cheating here a little bit because this has been an ongoing addiction now since April, but I know that once I've finished watching every season I'll go completely off watching it altogether. There's something so fabulous about watching a bunch of drag queens battle it out to become the next drag superstar, think America's Next Top Model but with a hell of a lot more glitter and out of this world fashion. There's also some rather inspirational catchphrases too. RuPaul is an amazing person, and I'm just incredibly jealous of how all the queens look so much more put together than I do, and how on-point their make-up is compared to mine. I'm yet to find something I don't love about this show, it's fashion, funny and fabulous all rolled into one dragtastic package.


Mango - I don't mean the shop, I literally mean the fruit. I have no idea what happened but about 3 weeks ago I really fancied some mango, and I've had it every day since. It's just so refreshing! I usually really hate fruit, but apparently mango is the exception.... strange. 


Co-Ordinates - Nothing to do with maps! I'm on about the new fashion trend I'm currently loving, with matching top and bottoms. I'm not completely brave enough to try this, probably because a lot of them currently on the market have crop tops and I don't really like them, however I'm really tempted to splash out on a few co-ordinate pieces, such as skirts and jackets. Well if it worked for Cher in Clueless...


Lovestruck Floral Rush by Vera Wang - This is definitely my scent of the summer, I've been wearing it everyday for a few weeks now, it just smells so fresh and well...summery! Plus the bottle is really cute and looks great on my dressing table. 


So what are your current addictions? Let me know!

Much love 



No comments