Bucket Lists...

I was chatting to my boss at work yesterday about all the plans I've got coming up, and somehow we ended up on the subject of bucket lists. She was telling me all the things she's done in her life, and it really inspired me to push myself into achieving more. Our conversation really got me thinking, no one really knows how much time they will be given on this earth, and I'd really like to make the most of however much time I'm blessed with. For all I know, I could get hit by a bus next week and it could all be over, and I definitely do not want to be one of these people on their deathbeds full of regrets and missed opportunities. I want to seize every moment I get.

I actually wrote a bucket list a few years ago, and after some rummaging,  I found it lurking the depths of my desk. I actually surprised myself at how much I've already done on it, considering I wrote this when I was 17, which was 2 1/2 years ago! I figured it was time to re-evaluate the list and update it, now that I'm older (and supposedly wiser, although I'm not too convinced about that..) 


Things I've done: 
Go to New York City - I went last year and it was the best trip of my life, I fell in love with the place.
Get into Uni - I managed to get into Uni, which I was really happy about. I did question whether I would get in because I didn't enjoy sixth form one bit and my grades where a little bit dodgy, but I somehow managed to pull it out of the bag.
Meet Florence Welch - I was extremely lucky with this one. I've been a huge Florence and the Machine fan since Lungs came out, and this March I was in London watching a fantastic band called Haim, and Florence was there! I bumped into her out the front of the venue, there were loads of others swarming her so I didn't get a picture with her, but I briefly got to speak to her. I'd love to meet her again, but I was so happy to have done it.
See a shooting star - This happened ages ago, I can't remember when, but I was just gazing out of my window when it happened!
Dye my hair a crazy colour - I dyed the underside of my hair purple for a few days once, luckily there are no pictures! I've also experimented with hair chalk, which is just about the best thing ever. (Except when it stains your sink, pyjamas, new white shirt and your neck...)

Still to do:
Go to a festival - Definitely still on my to do list. I'm thinking about going to Coachella in 2016, when I've finished Uni which will be awesome. 
Go to Ireland - I'm going to Belfast with my best friend Emily in September, then I can cross this one off! 
Learn how to drive - I genuinely don't see this happening for a good few years yet. I can't really afford to learn, nor do I have the time. I'd much rather spend my money travelling! It's gonna stay on the list though, because I'd love to be able to drive at some point. 
Learn the guitar - I actually own a guitar as well, so I don't really have an excuse for this! I suppose laziness plays a huge role...
Get a tattoo - I have a few ideas what I'd like to get done, and hopefully I'll be getting one soon. We'll have to wait and see!

Things I'm adding:
Visit every US state - I've been to 3 (New York, New Jersey and Florida), so that leaves 47 to go. 
Have children - Well not right now, one day in the distant future it'd be nice.
Jump into a pool fully clothed - This would be so much fun!
Skydive for charity - I'd like to do something adventurous to raise money for Cancer Research in memory of my gran, so why not!


So my question to you is, what's on your bucket list? I'd love to know if you've got anything crazy planned or if you've done something you're proud of!

Much love 

No comments