It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....



 
It's Christmas!!!
 
 
 
Okay, so it's December the first, which means it's pretty much Christmas, and that I have no reason not to listen to the Christmas classics of Mariah, Wham and The Pogues at full blast for the next 25 days. I'm anticipating very pissed off housemates/neighbours/general townsfolk of Winchester.

 
I am completely in love with this time of year. There is so much to love, there's no excuse needed to watch Elf on daily basis, or drink Bailey's like it's water. Now I'm a proper grown up and everything and doing the very grown up thing of renting a house, I'm taking Christmas very seriously. There is no margin for error. As Bridget Jones said, "We are going to do this properly, or not at all".
 
I've bought a Christmas tree. Okay, so it cost me no less than £6.79 from Argos, and yes, we had to lug it back on a bus; but that aside, I'm considering it a big transition into being a fully-fledged adult. If this is the first Christmas in a home I'm paying for, it's going to be an event in it's own right. Poundland tinsel and all. I'm not usually one to buy into the whole consumerism need of things, but Christmas is something else. It's infectious, and I love how it brings people together, and how all of a sudden, people begin to appreciate all the little things.

 
Mia and I bought all the ridiculous decorations we could find in Poundland (we are students, and fabulousness on a budget is crucial) Now I'm talking hot pink tinsel, disco baubles and enough lights to make the Blackpool illuminations jealous. I'm considering our efforts to be a success.
 
 
We even have an inflatable reindeer.
 (She's called Prancer, Rudolph is too overrated)
 
 
On a sidenote, I'm sorry that November wasn't so much a lack of posting on my behalf, but more of a complete posting drought. I could run the whole speech about how I've been a really busy bee with uni and work (which is totally true), but I don't want to sound like a broken record. I'm not even going to give the false hope and promise that I'll post more, because I'm completely unreliable. God knows what I've got going on in my life in the upcoming weeks, I'm not even sure what I'm having for dinner tonight.
 
But know I'm completely grateful to all you crazy people who read my blog, reading all my stupid posts about drinking and being a general idiot for a 20-year-old. I have completely hilarious things in the pipeline, which I hope you'll enjoy tremendously, as much as I enjoy writing them for you.
 
Much love
 
 
 
 

No comments