October addictions...

Firstly, I'm well aware that I didn't do this last month. I won't lie to you, blogging is another item on the huge list of things I haven't had the time to do. But I have been incredibly busy, and ill for that matter. When I've not been coughing my lungs up, I've been trying to set up my new laptop (long story), attempting to get my uni work done, and learning the ropes at my new job. Having the time to find new addictions has been a bit of a challenge in itself. But don't fear, October addictions is here, and I promise a November one is on the cards. I'll try not to be so lazy next month!
 

American Horror Story: Coven - Confession, I haven't watched the first two seasons, Murder House and Asylum. I didn't want to. I don't see the point in scaring myself stupid, especially considering that I mostly watch TV shows before I go to bed. Luckily, the seasons are all stand alone, so you can take each one as an individual storyline. Coven intrigued me, and it's just so good. The plot was so twisted, that half the time I was completely confused about what was happening (although it does eventually all make sense); while the other half I was screaming at the TV in disbelief at how disturbing it all was. If you've seen it you probably know exactly what I mean. I was slightly horrified by some of the stuff that happens, such as the mutilation of slaves. It was a bit tough to watch, but completely necessary to the plot. Plus I've always had a bit of a girl crush on Emma Roberts ever since Unfabulous and Aquamarine, and now I can safely say I completely idolise Jessica Lange as well. She totally kicks ass.  Also, American Horror Story is created by the same guy who created Glee...let that one sink in....
 
 
 
Yankee Candle - Vanilla Frosting - I've had my Yankee Candle for months and months now, but now that the evenings are drawing in earlier (sad face), I've been lighting it more than ever. There's something quite atmospheric about lighting candles when the sun goes down earlier, romantic almost. The vanilla frosting scent is my absolute favourite, it's sweet and sickly, but gives my room a boost to make me feel more refreshed. Plus it helps to get rid of the this-house-has-been-rented-many-times mixed with painted-over-damp smell.


 
Benefit 'That Gal' primer - Being so down and ill recently has taken its toll on my skin, big time. I looked every bit as grey as I felt, so with nothing left to lose (except a huge dent in my savings), I went to the Benefit counter in John Lewis in Southampton, begging for a makeover. I made a few purchases, including a concealer and another powder box (I have 5 now, it's getting slightly out of hand), and the That Gal primer. It really gives my skin a bit of a shimmer and glow, with just enough hint of colour to liven my skin up. You can wear it under foundation or alone, but either way it makes such a difference. Completely worth it.


 
Taylor Swift: 1989 - I know this only came out yesterday, but I've had it on a continuous loop since. People had Taylor Swift down as a one-trick pony, a typical country singer, so what does she do to mix it up? Drop a pop filled album of joy of course. And it's every kind of amazing. When Shake It Off  was released, I'll admit I was initially completely against it, but it grew on me. So far my favourite songs are Welcome To New York, Style, All You Had To Do Was Stay and Wildest Dreams. I would definitely recommend this album to everyone who needs something to lift their spirits, and I'll be damned if this isn't the number one album this coming weekend.
 
 
 
Much love
 
 

No comments