20 things to do before you're 20...

 
 
So a couple of days ago I reached the big 2-0, and officially reached a new era of adulthood in my life. My teenage days are long gone, although I certainly don't feel any wiser for it. It shouldn't be this difficult for me to get my head around, being 20 now, but I don't really want to grow up yet. I'll admit I'm very pessimistic and cynical of everything, but to me, it's all downhill from now on. On a much cheerier note, I had an incredibly lovely birthday, courtesy of the wonderful ladies I live with. I had cake, bowling, confetti and amazing presents, followed by a great night of getting smashed in the Student Union.
 
 
 
So with 20 being such a whacking great landmark of life, I felt it necessary to mark the occasion with my very own list of things everyone should do before they hit their second decade.This is purely just a suggestion for a bit of fun.
 
  1. Had their first kiss.
  2. Gotten so drunk they can't remember what happened.
  3. Go on holiday with your friends.
  4. Stay up all night (and essay writing doesn't count!)
  5. Go see a band live.
  6. Learn to drive.
  7. Splash out on something expensive for yourself.
  8. Face a fear.
  9. Take time out for yourself, you're a human not a machine!
  10. Have a long conversation getting to know a stranger.
  11. Try something new, whether it's a hobby or food.
  12. Get obsessed with a TV show, and watch every episode.
  13. Discover what your drink is. (Mine is either Vodka/Coke, Cider or Tequila - mood depending)
  14. Get a job, whether it's your dream job or just because you need the money.
  15. Love your body, because it's the only one you're gonna have.
  16. Watch every Harry Potter film.
  17. Get down and dirty (My terrible attempt to avoid saying 'sex', I have family who read this!)
  18. Try to save some money, the adult world is expensive and you can't rely on parents forever.
  19. Ditch things in life that make you feel negative.
  20. Tell your family and friends how much you love and appreciate them.
 
So there it is. I really won't judge anyone if they haven't done everything, Lord knows I haven't, but I'll keep you guessing as to what I've done or not.
 
Much love 
 
 

No comments