The many stages of being ill...

Winter is coming - and it's coming with a vengeance. I'm convinced that this winter might actually kill me, I've been ill for a solid month now, and my days are feeling very numbered. I've spent days struggling through uni and work, and then there's the whole Ireland creepy out-of-hours doctors incident to consider. It's safe to say I've had a rough time of it all, but as D:Ream taught me, things can only get better.
 

I warn, this may be complete overshare, and if it makes you feel slightly disgusted, I'm sorry.
 
The "I'm fine, I promise" stage - Ah the denial. You'll lie and try to convince everyone that it's just a passing moment of madness, but deep down you know that you need to rush to Boots and stock up on everything they sell pronto. Life will struggle on as normal, but not for much longer.
 
 
The "Could I BE making anymore mucus" stage - You've been blowing your nose for two days straight now, and you're certain you've blown out your entire insides within that time, so where the hell is it all coming from? The human body is a remarkable, yet disgusting, machine, and when you're ill you'll be amazed by the crazy things your body does.
 
 
The "I need to eat everything I have in the kitchen" stage - Junk food is the vice of every ill person. Cooking is far too much effort, when you're ill you definitely do not have the energy to slave away making the healthy dinners your body deserves. It is now more than ever you will order takeaways, and eat chocolate and biscuits as if your life depends on it.
 
 
The "I'm just gonna lay here and patiently wait for death" stage - When all else fails and life gets you down, all that's left to do is curl up in a ball and pray for the end to come.
 
 
The "I can't do this, I'm gonna get up and go something to make myself feel better" stage - When a moment of courage strikes, and you decide you can't live your life like this anymore;
 

which is shortly followed by the

"I should've stayed in bed" stage - You give up, you're ill and everyone should definitely feel sorry for you.
 
 
If you're ill. I hope you feel better soon, and if you're not, good luck. It'll get you.
 
Much love


No comments