All I want for Christmas is....

The older I'm getting, the more difficult it's becoming to answer that question we are all familiar with at this time of year -

"What do you want for Christmas?"
 

What do I want for Christmas?

Unfortunately, my first though these days is more, "What do I need for Christmas?", meaning I get shower gels and socks galore. And trust me, as useful as this is, I enjoy unwrapping something quirky and strange, with a lot of thought put into it. I'm fully aware this comes across a little selfish, and very "I want", and I'm really not into the whole consumerism side of Christmas, but presents are just such a lovely way to spread the love at Christmas.

So I sat down and wrote my Christmas list, which took a lot longer than you'd believe. It also went from being pretty genuine to getting pretty deep...

Alcohol - Yes, I'm old enough to get it myself. No it's not very creative. However, I do get through a lot of it, and I am very partial to a good cocktail or five. So having a large alcohol stash is always a good idea when I'm around.

 
Anything to do with travelling - It's no secret that as soon as I graduate, my life plan goes as far as getting on a plane to California. So anything that acknowledges my need to travel is awesome.
 
 
Chocolate - Because it's dark all the time and that makes me sad, and I need to just eat my way into a food coma and hibernate until the summer.
 
 
 
A plane ticket - This would be incredible, although I'd be tempted not to come back.
 
 
A unicorn - My dad asked me what I wanted and I said a unicorn. Why? Because why the hell not, that's why. It would be officially the coolest thing in the entire world.
 
 
A faster metabolism - I swear all I have to do is look at a Mars Bar and I just gain weight. No thank you. I'm not cutting out the great food life has to offer me for the sake of a body like a Victoria's Secret model. So a much better metabolism would be incredibly useful.
 
 
A sense of purpose - Ooooh deep. It's true though, all I'd really like is to know that everything I'm doing now in life will ultimately be worth it, and that all of this is heading in a positive direction somewhere.
 
 
So next time someone asks what you want for Christmas, go ahead and tell them you want a unicorn or a sense of purpose. At the end of the day, Christmas is really all about spreading the love between friends and family, and getting together and enjoying everyone's company. Ultimately, all I really want for Christmas is a lovely day with my amazing family with lots of good food, wine and films. Perfect. The presents are just a bonus really.
 
Much love
 
 
 

No comments