For Adam...

On this day, 21 years ago, I stopped being an only child, and had to share the spotlight with my little brother, Adam. We've fought for the spotlight ever since (which is crazy really because I'm clearly the favourite child), but seeing as it's your 21st birthday, I'll let you have front and centre stage just this once.

My family means the world to me, especially my brother, Adam. Being a sibling is a bond unlike any other. It's the ability to fight and hate each other, whilst fiercely defending each other from the vile words and actions of others. It's all of the inside jokes which accumulate throughout the years that no one else could ever decipher. It's sharing the same feelings about your crazy parents that no one else in the world could understand. And it's knowing that they are one of the only people on the world you can naturally depend on for support, no matter what.

I have a million memories I could share, but I would be blogging for days. So instead, here are a few embarrassing pictures to mark the occasion.

 
 
Watching you grow up into the man you are today makes me feel incredibly proud to call myself your sister. From the bullying, to the family drama, to life being generally shit sometimes; I will always have your back. You may be a lazy pain in the arse who does my head in 24/7, but I wouldn't change you for the world. You're the yin to my yang, the gin to my tonic, the Pikachu to my Ash, and the naïve to my codeine.

I love you millions  ♥
(I probably won't admit this again for ages so feel free to savour the moment)



2 comments

  1. Hazel...Sorry to bother, l pick up your Blog,
    from time to time, for a little read..As l am
    very pro America...And, having spend some time
    over there in the late 60's. Detroit..Motown,
    and all that! Then mostly down south, Florida..
    The point of this is....I have a video..tucked
    away in one of my folders...'Flying Over America'.
    Which l think you'd like...bit goose~pimply to...
    You don't have your e~mail add on your profile,
    so, if you'd like to see it, only if you'd like
    to see it...you can forward your e~mail to me, and
    l will send it on to you...You could in fact put it
    on a post...Anyways! My e~mail add is....
    willie.wine@hotmail.co.uk
    Thanks for your time.....! =(^..^)=

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Hazal. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, india. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am blessed and feel privileged and hobored to get connected with you as well as know you thorugh your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 37 yrs in this great cityof Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reachout to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. WE also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come to Mumbai to work with us during your vacation time. i am sure you will have a life changing experience. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking foorward to hear from you very soon. God's richrest blessings on you, your family and friends.

    ReplyDelete