Go with the Flo...

I've been running around all over the place in the last few weeks, and I think it's probably time for a little catch up! So just what have I been upto recently?
 
I went to go and see Florence + The Machine (again), and it was one of the best nights of my life.
 
I was one of those people and went early to queue up for the front row, which was a whole saga in itself, and met up with the ever so lovely Katie and her mum. After a mad dash through Ally Pally, we managed to get exactly where we wanted, just off centre at on the barrier, and it was just absolutely incredible. Florence came out, walked along the front and greeted everyone, holding my hand (!!), then went up onto the stage to give us the best show I've ever seen. She really believes in and feels the passion of the music, and it completely connects with the audience. Every soul in the room felt they were experiencing a personal moment with Florence, which was outstanding considering how packed out the venue was. I got to help hold her up in the crowd as she sang Rabbit Heart, and got completely showered with glitter as she poured an entire bag of it over our heads. Best. Night. Ever.
 
(Katie and I on the Front Row)
(Florence pouring glitter on us)
(The view from where we were..)
 
 
I went to go and see Eliza And The Bear in London.
 
You're probably thinking, who? But you should check them out. They're a little bit indie (think Mumford and Sons), crossed with a little bit of rock (think Twin Atlantic), and you'll get their sound. The venue was a beautiful place called KoKo in Camden, which wasn't very big, and felt very personal. The support acts were also really great, Viola Beach and especially The LaFontaines, who blew the roof off the place. After the gig we got to meet the lead singer of The Lafontaines, as well as some of Eliza And The Bear, whom we got some brilliant pictures with...

(Em, Jess and I with some of Eliza And The Bear)
 
       
(Em and I with the lead singer of The LaFontaines)

 
I went and saw Micheal McIntyre in the O2 arena.
 
Em and I had had these tickets booked for nearly a year and a half, but we finally got around to going to see Michael McIntyre in London. He was absolutely hilarious, some of the jokes he told were so funny I was on the brink of tears. They filmed the night for the DVD, so I can't wait to relive it all over again. I was definitely in need of a good night out with lots of laughs, and he didn't disappoint!

(The view from our seats, so high up!)
 
 
New York City.
 
Lucky little me got completely spoilt with a trip to NYC for my 21st with my mum, which was one of the best weeks of my life. So much good food, shops, shows, trips, I don't know how I'm functioning now I'm back. I wish I could be a New Yorker for life. I'll fill you in with all the stories and pictures from this next time (I'll try not to brag too much).

 
Much love
 
 

No comments