Back to life, back to reality...

Baby, I'm back in Winchester!


 
Aaah it's finally happening, I'm about to start my third and *fingers crossed* final year of university. It's safe to say I'm very anxious about this last year, I want to do the best I can of course, so I'm definitely putting the pressure on myself. It's been a very long and chilled out summer of not doing nearly as much as I should've, which I've already gone into here, and now it's time to get down to business. It's not all hard work and stress for me coming up though, so I thought I'd do a little breakdown of all the things I've got coming up in the next few months, which I expect you'll hear plenty about!

*Warning, lots of bragging about how fabulous my life is coming up!*
  1. Third year begins - It all kicks off, dissertation stress sets in, and life gets very intense...
  2. Seeing Florence + The Machine - I managed to get tickets to see them on their last night of the UK tour, which will be the third time I've seen them. I absolutely love them (*cough* understatement), so understandably I'm really looking forwards to this.
  3. Going to New York - I set off at the end of this month to the Big Apple for a couple of days with my mum, and the excitement is so real! It's one of my favourite places in the entire world, and I can't wait to be back strutting on the sidewalks, watching musicals, and shopping until I drop.
  4. Turning 21 - Big moment for me, I'm turning the grand age of 21 on October 1st, whilst I'm in New York. Naturally this means only one thing, cocktails!
  5. Seeing Eliza and the Bear - I saw these guys supporting Twin Atlantic earlier in the year, so Em, Jess and I are going to see them in London which will be awesome!
  6. Seeing Michael McIntyre - Em and I have had these tickets for what genuinely feels like forever now, and the time has finally come! Hopefully we'll be spending the weekend chilling in London while we're there which will be pretty fab.
  7. Seeing Years & Years - So I'm completely addicted to these guys album, and they were just incredible when I saw them at Wildlife. I'm excited to see them again, doing a much bigger set, and hopefully playing a lot more of the insane album.
  8. Going back to my old job - I was going to have to fund all of my mad adventures somehow! I've actually missed working there with some really lovely people, so I'm looking forwards to being back and getting back into things (even if I'm slightly terrified because I'm worried my coffee making skills have pretty much just died this summer.)
  9. Hopefully trying to go to Italy - One of my nearest and dearest friends Steph who I've known for pretty much an entire decade is doing a semester in Parma, Italy, so at some point before Christmas I'd really love to squeeze in a little trip to go and see her beautiful face again!
  10. Another USA field trip - Yes, another! This time it's a 'Civil Right's Pilgrimage', basically a trip around the American South, visiting places of great interest and importance during the Civil Rights Movement. This is going to be such a beautiful and once in a lifetime experience for me, I've loved studying it, so I really can't wait to physically be there and absorb myself into it. Gosh I just love my degree!
So as you can see, it's going to get a little crazy in my world in the next couple of months, but strangely I feel pretty prepared and up for the challenge. If anything, it's the figuring out what's going to come next which is the difficult part...
 
Much love
 
 

No comments