So many addictions...

Guess who's back!

That's write, I'm blogging again, and I promise I won't leave you all for so long next time, okay? I fear I also may have left you all in the lurch with the complete lack of addictions recently, but not to worry, it's time compile the ultimate addiction list! To make up for the fact it's been months since I last did this, I've covered everything I've been addicted to since October (yes, it really has been that long!!) Everything on the list has been tried and tested by yours truly, and comes complete with my seal of approval. So go on, indulge yourselves.
 
 
Tattoo's After Dark - Now I'm an inked woman (which of course makes me a complete pro on all things tattoo), I've found I'm obsessed with any tattoo show. You name it, Em and I have probably watched it, from Tattoo Nightmares to Ink Master. So imagine the joy on our faces when we found Tattoo's After Dark on E4. We were completely hooked, 100% emotionally invested in every aspect of the show. It sparked many debates, such as, "Who would you want to tattoo you?", "Which of the tattooists is the most attractive?" and "Which tattoo is the most ridiculous?" (FYI my answers are Justin, Jersey and the one guy with the squirrels on his legs which are reaching for his 'nuts'.) But it's not just tattoos which appear on this show, oh no, there are piercings as well. There's a super British, super hot guy called Chris Saint who does the piercing, and my-oh-my have there been some arguments over which one of us would score him. I didn't even get into the show for piercings but now I'm inspired to get one at some point, this guy is seriously beautiful and persuasive. Lord Almighty, there isn't a single reason why I couldn't love this show, it has everything I love and more, from hot guys, amazing tattoos and super crazy Americans.

 
Iggy Azalea - I'm not even sorry. So I decided to have a look on the Spotify 'My Year in Music' thing in December, which shows you what you listened to the most, and it turns out I have a bit of an Iggy Azalea addiction. So much so that 6 of my top 10 songs were by her, and she was my most listened to artist in summer, autumn and winter. (Spring was Gabrielle Aplin in case you were wondering) So what is it about Iggy Azalea I love? Who knows, but god-dammit her songs are infectiously catchy. You already know (!!) I've already posted about my Fancy obsession, but I really love her whole album, New Classic, particularly Walk The Line, Don't Need Y'all, Impossible Is Nothing and Rolex. I know a lot of people can't stand her, and there's the whole stigma about her being a white-girl rapper (Just ask Azealia Banks, who seems to be insistent about how white people shouldn't rap because they don't understand how tough it is to be marginalised by society - but that's a whole other topic I'm not getting into);  but there is just something about her songs that work. It's semi-relatable I guess, plus I get to pretend I'm good at rapping, which is just shamefully embarrassing every time I get drunk.

 
George Ezra - This beautiful man made a beautiful album, and I'm in love with it. His style is almost nostalgic, from days gone by, like the kind of music my nan would've put on for me to dance to when I was a kid. But at the same time, it's familiar, fitting in with this one-man/one-guitar indie trend which seems to be dominating the charts at the moment. His songs and his voice are so soothing to listen to, and I can't get enough. I'm so excited that he's going to be playing Wildlife this summer, which I'm stupidly excited to be going to (Sam Smith, Disclosure, Rudimental, B. Traits and Years and Years will be there too!!). For people who haven't heard it yet, I recommend you go and listen to it, especially tracks Stand By Your Gun, Cassy O', Listen To The Man and Blame It On Me.

 
Ibiza Weekender - You should all have guessed by now that tacky TV shows are a way of life for me. Ibiza Weekender is no exception. It's a work of genius. Guests you'll never like, banter from the reps, and the hilarious voice over from Joe Lycett. The guests are always strange, none of the reps are particularly datable, but oh my, the drama. Who will Imogen get with? Why did Jordan have to come back? Is Sophie always so needy? Will Ben ever go out and not get too drunk? I can't get enough. I'm both desperate and completely afraid to go on holiday to Ibiza, it looks insane, but it looks like the kind of place you could catch an STD from a lamppost. Plus I recently found Deano auditioned for the X Factor which made for very hilarious and awkward viewing.
 
 
The Hunger Games Trilogy - Any uni student will know that reading for pleasure is a joy which dies during your degree, but I've forced myself to get back into it in a big way. Although I'd read the Hunger Games trilogy a while ago, I'd completely forgotten how amazing they really were, and instinctively went straight to them as a way of easing back into reading for fun. Suzanne Collins is a genius. I'm too emotionally invested in these books, they break my heart. I recently finished Catching Fire whilst on a train, and had to hold it together whilst surrounded by strangers. Personally, the books are better than the films. No disrespect to J-Law, but the books focus on more political issues and impacts on people than the love triangle of Katniss/Peeta/Gale, which makes for a much more gripping story. Go read them, you will not be disappointed.

 
Rekorderlig Strawberry and Lime - Being a borderline alcoholic, this shouldn't surprise many people that I have cider on my addictions list. I'm fully aware how badly I'm coming across right now, and how bad cider is for you (all those empty calories!), however, it's really nice. Like, addictively nice. It's been my drink of choice this semester, whether I'm going out, or having a few drinks with the girls (or on my own, uni is stressful) in the house. I'd totally recommend! (Unless you're under 18, then don't drink. Ever. It's a poor life choice.)


 
I promise I won't leave it so long before I next do my addictions! I'm just so boring and busy with uni that I don't actually have the time to get crazily obsessed with anything. But fear not, my second year at uni is ending, and soon I'll have all the time in the world to blog (Minus the two weeks I'm having stateside, which trust me, you'll hear about), and I'm gonna try to up my game with this whole regular posting thing.

Much love

 

1 comment

  1. Hello Hazel. So good to know you through your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am glad to stop by your blog post and know your interest in travelling. I am from Mumbai, India and have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 37yrs in the great city of Mumbai a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the West to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come to Mumbai since your interest is in travelling and then have a life changing experience working in the slums of Mumbai with the poorest of poor. My email Id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you.

    ReplyDelete